The Men’s Wellness Centers is a network of clinics specializing in treatments that improve the overall health and quality of life of our male patients in a comfortable, casual, and caring setting. Our unique treatment plans include Testosterone Replacement Therapy, Erectile Dysfunction Treatments as well as a proprietary Weight Loss and Energy Boost Program administered by a staff of licensed physicians and other medical professionals that specialize in the latest treatment options available for the needs unique to men.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be caused by a number of factors, including:
– Vascular disease: Blood supply to the penis can become blocked or narrowed as a result of vascular disease such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
– Neurological disorders (such as multiple sclerosis): Nerves that send impulses to the penis can become damaged from stroke, diabetes, or other causes.
– Psychological states: These include stress, depression, lack of stimulus from the brain and performance anxiety.
– Trauma: An injury could contribute to symptoms of ED.
You should see a medical provider as soon as it begins to bother you or cause problems in your love life.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can be treated in several ways at Men’s Wellness Centers. The specific treatment approach will depend on the underlying cause of ED and the individual’s health status. Some common treatment options for ED at Men’s Wellness Centers include:
– Medications: such as sildenafil (Viagra) tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Levitra). These medications work by increasing blood flow to the penis helping to achieve and maintain an erection.
– Penile Injections: Penile injections involve injecting medication directly into the penis to help achieve an erection.
– Hormone Therapy: In some cases, ED may be caused by low testosterone levels.
– Lifestyle Changes: Lifestyle changes such as regular exercise a healthy diet quitting smoking and reducing alcohol consumption to improve overall health and combat ED.
It is important to note that the best treatment approach for ED will depend on each individual’s specific situation. We work with an individual to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses their unique needs and health status.
Overall ED treatments can be safe and effective but it’s important to discuss the risks and potential side effects with a healthcare provider to determine the best treatment approach for you.
Below are a few risks and potential side effects based on the different kinds of treatments:
1. Oral medications: Sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra) are generally safe and well-tolerated by most men. However, they can interact with certain medications including nitrates and can cause side effects such as headaches flushing indigestion, and changes in vision. In rare cases, they may cause more serious side effects such as priapism (a painful, prolonged erection) or sudden vision loss.
2. Injections: Intra-Cavernous Pharmacotherapy (ICP) treatments are also generally safe and well-tolerated but they can cause side effects such as pain bruising and scarring at the injection site. In rare cases, they can cause priapism.
3. Hormone Replacement Therapy: HRT is generally safe when used appropriately and under medical supervision but it can increase the risk of certain health problems. HRT may not be appropriate for all men with ED and it should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
Yes! In fact we encourage them to attend if you are comfortable. Often they offer insight that is helpful when treating patients with symptoms of low T.